Ask our Experts, we're here to help!
Watch as Detroit Speed Fabricator, Aaron Elenbaum installs Subframe Connectors on the Detroit Speed 1970 Camaro Test Car.
Detroit Speed's 1970-81 Camaro/Firebird Subframe Connectors features and benefits:
· Designed to increase the vehicle's stiffness by connecting the front subframe to the rear frame rails
· Constructed of 2" x 3" x 0.120" wall rectangular steel tubing
· Laser cut brackets attach rear of the subframe to the connector for an easy, strong welded joint
· Rear of the connector is tapered to attach to rear frame rails and has a slot to conform to rear seat floor pan
· Barely visible underneath the car
· Bent and TIG welded in a fixture for accuracy and repeatability
· Does not interfere with seat attachment hardware or installation and removal of rear leaf spring pocket
· Factory-molded carpet will still fit over subframe connectors
· Shipped with templates and detailed instructions for installation