Ask our Experts, we're here to help!
Follow along as Detroit Speed Sales/Technical Engineer, Dan Oddy and Fabricator, Mark McDonald install Detroit Speed Subframe Connectors designed for 1982-92 Camaros and Firebirds.
Detroit Speed's 1982-92 Camaro/Firebird Subframe Connectors features and benefits:
· Designed to increase the vehicle's stiffness by connecting the front and rear torque box structures
· Constructed of 1.5" x 2.5" x 0.083" wall rectangular steel tubing
· Function as a side jacking rail and provide good mounting structure for roll cage installation
· Does not hang below rocker pinch flange so ground clearance is unaffected
· Bent and TIG welded in a fixture for accuracy and repeatability
· Laser cut brackets included to attach front and rear of connector tubes to torque box structures
· Includes new seat belt brackets that are stronger than stock and provide mounting points for stock belt system or race-style lap belt
· Shipped with templates and detailed instructions for installation
Check out Detroit Speed's 1982-92 Camaro/Firebird Subframe Connectors