Over the course of this three-video series, Detroit Speed Sales/Technical Engineer, Dan Oddy, and Fabricator, Paul Morgan, will install Detroit Speed's Universal X-Gen 595 Suspension System on a 1965 CK10. In this video, they begin the disassembly of the original front suspension and measure for the proper placement of the X-Gen 595 Front Suspension System.
Designed to be integrated into any vehicle, this complete suspension system is available with either a 53.5" or 59.5" track width and is ready to be subbed into your application with the 2" x 4" rail sections. It is available for both GM 5x4.75 and Ford 5x4.50 bolt patterns. Engineered with the same technology that goes into all other Detroit Speed front frame systems and components. These systems have been used in a CK10 Truck, Willys, 'Cuda, Tri-Five, '49 Cadillac, Dodge Polara, Fairlane, and more.
Detroit Speed Universal X-Gen Suspension Series System features:
· OEM-quality stamped crossmembers
· Forged aluminum Detroit Speed spindles
· TIG-welded tubular upper and lower control arms
· Aluminum body coilover shocks with ‘Detroit-Tuned’ valving
· Coilover springs
· ‘Detroit-Tuned’ power rack and pinion steering
· Integrated splined sway bar with composite bushings
· Control arm cross shafts with caster tuner bushings