Detroit Speed 12.7:1 Ratio Power Steering Box
Fits 1967-1992 F-Body, 1964-1981 A-Body, 1968-1979 X-Body, 1978-1988 G-Body, 1982-2004 S10 Pickup
- All new steering gear unit, not rebuilt
- Fits 1982-92 Camaro/Firebird with no modification to the steering box or the frame.
- Improved steering feel due to low friction gear design
- “Detroit Tuned” precision rack and pinion valve technology
- Late model performance car feel
- Quick Ratio 12.7:1 (3 turns lock-to-lock) – desirable quick ratio that is hard to find in a stock OEM steering box
- Original power pitman arm may be used – or PN 092301DS (for 1967-1969 Camaro & 1968-1972 Nova).
- A 3/4-inch x 30-spline rag joint is required with this steering box and is available through Detroit Speed – PN 090205DS
- New O-ring style power steering hoses are needed – PN 091202DS recommended
- Steering Gear Pressure and Return Fittings not included – PN 090202LDS (pressure) & 090202SDS (return) recommended
|Input Shaft||3/4 in. x 30-Spline|
|Number of Turns Lock to Lock||3|
|Pressure Fitting||M18 x 1.5 O-Ring|
|Product Type||Steering Box|
|Return Fitting||M16 x 1.5 O-Ring|
|California Proposition 65 Required||Yes|
Vehicle emissions regulations are not applicable to this item.
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.