Detroit Speed - Rear Speed Kit 1 - Non-Adjustable Shocks
1979-1993 Ford Mustang/1979-1986 Mercury Capri
Part # 041645DS Be the first to write a review
Estimated Ship Date: Coming Soon
Notify Me When AvailableStarting at $219 a month with Learn More
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.See Emissions Details
The Speed Kit 1 Rear Suspension Kit from Detroit Speed is designed to give maximum suspension performance to your Fox Body chassis. This kit combines our 1) Rear Coilover Conversion and 2) Swivel-Link™ Kits. 1) The Detroit Speed Rear Coilover Conversion Kit allows the latest in coilover spring/shock technology to be bolted onto any Fox Body Mustang, bringing your classic's handling and ride into the 21st Century with our "Detroit Tuned" valving. The springs are removed from the lower control arms and shocks mounts are relocated into the frame rail for maximum strength and wheel/tire clearance. Once the coilover conversion is complete, Detroit Speed Mini-Tubs may be installed in the car at any time. 2) The Detroit Speed Swivel-Link™ Rear Suspension Kit eliminates bind and allows the suspension to fully articulate without the use of noisy spherical rod ends. Swivel-Link™ rear links allow for easy pinion angle adjustment without unbolting them from the car for improved traction and lower driveline vibrations. The Fox Body Mustang Swivel-Link™ Kit comes with new hardware and directly bolts on to replace the factory links. A coilover conversion kit is required before installing the Swivel-Link™ kit, as there is no spring perch on the links like on the factory arm.
- Bolt-on coilover conversion relocates the springs/shocks to the frame rail for maximum strength and wheel/tire clearance
- "Detroit Tuned" coilover springs/shocks optimized for modern ride quality, handling and ride-height adjustment
- Provides clearance for custom exhaust up to 3" (depending on tire and mini-tub width, fuel tank modification may be required)
- Laser-cut brackets compatible with original frames and axles
- Bolt-on Detroit Speed Swivel-Links™ are stronger than factory control arms and eliminate bind, allowing the rear suspension to fully articulate
- Easily adjust wheelbase and pinion angle without unbolting Swivel-Links™ from the car for improved traction and lower driveline vibrations
|Product Type||Rear Speed Kit|
|Shock Type||Non Adjustable|
|Speed Kit Type||Rear|
|California Proposition 65 Required||Yes|
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.