- Home /
1967 -1969 Camaro/Firebird Install Videos
1970 -1981 Camaro/Firebird Install Videos
1982 -1992 Camaro/Firebird Install Videos
1979 - 1993 Mustang Install Videos
REAR COILOVER CONVERSION KIT
SWIVEL-LINK™ REAR SUSPENSION KIT
Fox Body Mini-Tub Install Video
1964.5 - 1970 Mustang Install Videos
1962 - 1967 Chevy II Install Videos
X-Gen Systems Install Videos
C2 - C3 Corvette Install Videos
1973 - 1987 C10 Install Videos
- WHY SHOULD I USE THE QUADRALINK SUSPENSION INSTEAD OF LEAF SPRINGS?The first reason is elimination of bind. Most cars manufactured between 1960 and 1980 have rear spring rates and the travel geometry that are entirely dependent on leaf springs; effectively making them both arm to locate the axle, and spring to control the axle’s travel. Though it may not surprise you to find out, asking technology from the 1700’s to fill both of those roles has some unintended side-affects. Under hard acceleration or braking, a leaf sprung rear tends to rotate about the axle due to forces from the driveline and tires. This phenomenon is referred to as axle wrap, and can cause the car to squat, dive, wheel hop, and in some cases results in the destruction of your rear end. These symptoms are further exacerbated for lowered applications. The Detroit Speed QUADRALink rear suspension solves these problems by replacing the leaf springs with coilover springs and shocks, which bring a load of benefits with them. To keep the rear in place, we supply you with four Swivel-Link™ rear control arms (hence the QUADRALink name) and a Panhard bar. These arms allow the axle to articulate through body roll, keeping the rear planted. The Panhard bar connects the rear axle to the chassis, preventing the axle from shifting side to side. This system gives you more grip where you need it most; no more binding or wheel hop.Helpful?
- WHY DETROIT SPEED?Detroit Speed puts a significant amount of effort into developing long-lasting, dependable products that are formulated to exceed late-model performance expectations. Our systems are designed by exceptionally qualified engineers and built by fabricators dedicated to making the best systems they possibly can. Our parts are made using state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies–CNC machining, forging, hydroforming, and more–to bring your classic muscle car to the 21st century.Helpful?
- ISN’T DETROIT SPEED SUSPENSION JUST FOR RACING?We race, thrash, and abuse our products to ensure they can withstand anything the road can throw at them. We love racing and our parts are capable of it, but a big part of our design process is considering how the platform should handle comfortably on the street. A good driver’s car needs something more than a stiff, highly sprung ride. We stress the importance of road manners because it allows the suspension to move through its geometry properly on and off track. This affords you, the customer, a comfortable ride capable of soaking up all the bumps and swells in the road. What’s more, our line of tuned adjustable shocks, and their capacity to accept spring changes in short order allows you the ability to fine tune how the car drives. You can be sure that regardless of your personal focus we have the right suspension product for you; track, street, or meet.Helpful?
- WILL MINI TUBBING BY ITSELF ALLOW ME TO FIT A WIDER TIRE?No. You still need to relocate the shocks and leaf spring or use our QUADRALink suspension system.Helpful?
- WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE STOCK SUSPENSION ON MY MUSCLE CAR?If you’ve ever driven one, we’re sure several things immediately come to mind. Vague steering, floaty ride, terrible cornering, and a general lack of confidence are just some of the problems that assail most classic cars running today. Suspension and tire developments have brought the automotive industry to the point where a brand new full-size truck is often more capable and confidence-inspiring in the corners than any of the premiere pony cars of yester-year. This is unsatisfactory. So unsatisfactory that we decided to fix it. Our suspension systems address all of the handling and ride quality deficiencies with stock style suspension found on your Detroit Iron, and then some. With significant corrections to standard geometry, spring and shock rates, bushing technology, and a greater understanding of how these elements work together, we make systems that allow your car handle on par with some of the best new performance vehicles on the market. Whether you decide to get groceries or chase times is up to you.Helpful?
- I’M ADJUSTING MY COILOVERS, BUT THE RIDE HEIGHT ISN’T CHANGING. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?Before adjusting front or rear ride heights, always remember to disconnect the corresponding sway bar. If you fail to do so, the sway bar preloads the suspension causing it to bind when the car is lowered.Helpful?
- WILL YOUR NON-RECESSED SELECTA-SPEED™ WIPER KIT WORK ON MY RECESSED WIPER PARK CAR?Yes. You will have to convert your recessed park linkage to the non-recessed style for compatibility, and the wipers will fall to rest on the glass when not in use.Helpful?
- WILL JUST USING YOUR OFFSET SHACKLE KIT ALLOW ME TO USE A WIDER TIRE ON A 67-69 CAMARO, OR 68-74 NOVA?No. In order to get all the room you can, we recommend relocating the shocks and spring perches on the axle housing as well, which combined with offset shackles will give you about ½” before running into the stock tub. For even more space, consider pairing all of that with our mini tub kit.Helpful?
- WHY ARE YOU TAXING ME FOR ONLINE SALES?Unfortunately, we are required by law to apply the sales tax of your individual state to your purchase.Helpful?
- WHAT ARE THE LARGEST WHEELS AND TIRES I CAN FIT UNDER MY CAR WITH DETROIT SPEED SUSPENSION?Wheel and tire recommendations along with maximum allowable sizes are available under the Detroit Speed Products tab. Simply look up the platform you’re interested in and see specifications and fitment in the tabbed ‘Wheel Fitment’ section near the bottom of the page.Helpful?
Back To Top